Cuba-Havana Getaway, Memories Mirimar
1 Night Miami, 4 Nights Havana
Cuba is an island nation rich in history, culture, beauty and natural resources. Its varied geography includes rolling farmland, rugged mountains, urban metropolises, quaint Colonial villages and stretches of alabaster sand beaches that melt into larimar seas. Cuban culture is influenced by its melting pot of cultures, primarily those of Spain and Africa. Home to nine UNESCO Heritage sites, Cuba is ranked very highly in the United Nations human development index. Its government has established rigorous sports, ballet and music programs, and offers free education to all. Cuba is home to 47 universities and has the second highest literary rate in the world at 99.8%.
With recent relaxation of the regulations to obtain required licenses for travel to Cuba, this island nation has become more broadly accessible to US travelers. Experience the sounds of rumba and salsa in the streets at night. Stroll past the vividly painted arches that grace the buildings of Old Havana. Admire the gleaming classic cars that roll past colonial architecture. Most of all, meet the warm and friendly Cuban people, who are as anxious to interact with Americans as we are to hear their stories and experience their culture first-hand.
People-to-People Educational Program
Apple Vacations, one of the nation’s largest and most trusted tour operators, is proud to offer two unique people-to-people educational tours to Cuba in cooperation with U.S.-based Cuba Travel Services (CTS). Licensed by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), these tours offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself in Cuban culture by interacting and engaging with the people of Cuba including artists, farmers, health-care professionals, children and other locals.
Your professional, English-speaking tour guide will help facilitate many of your interactions with the Cuban people that you encounter throughout your tour.
- Roundtrip Miami airport/hotel shuttle service
- Roundtrip flights between Miami and Havana or Cienfuegos on American Airlines or Sun Country Airlines (certified public charters operated by Cuba Travel Services)
- One free checked bag (44 lbs. max. outbound, 50 lb. return flight) and small carry-on
- One night pre-trip hotel accommodations at Marriott Miami Airport Hotel with Welcome Briefing
- Your choice of 5 night Havana Getaway or 7 night Colors of Cuba escorted tour, including transportation, accommodations, meals and optional excursions as specified, services of a professional driver and English-speaking tour guide, porterage and most gratuities
- Cuban Tourist Visa
- U.S. departure taxes (Cuban Departure Tax of $25 USD is NOT included and payable at Miami airport prior to departure)
- Cuban medical insurance (except for pre-existing medical conditions)
* Optional roundtrip airfare from U.S. departure cities nationwide to/from Miami can be purchased from Apple Vacations.
About Cuba Travel Services
Apple Vacations is working with the reputable, U.S.-based Cuba Travel Services (CTS), which operates charter flights to/from Cuba,plans tour itineraries and leads groups in destination.
Founded in 1999, CTS is a licensed charter operator with the most extensive air network between the U.S. and Cuba. Flights to and from Miami via Sun Country Airlines (PC#14-141) on next generation Boeing 737-800s.